Sport Industry Group promotes business across the sport sector through a series of world-class events, including the BT Sport Industry Awards and Sport Industry NextGen; leading editorial content via the Sport Industry Daily; and unparalleled networking opportunities, attended by senior, influential figures from across the British and international sporting landscape. (Sport Industry Group is part of Benchmark).
If you’d like to be kept up to date with opportunities across Benchmark, including Sport Industry Group, please email [email protected] with ‘Job List’ as the subject header.
- Head of Partnerships
Job title: Head of Partnerships
Location: Central London
Start date: ASAP
Reports to: Managing Director
Salary: Competitive salary + bonus, based on experience
The Head of Partnerships will take the lead in sourcing new and extending existing partnerships, oversee all existing revenue streams (sponsorship, table, membership and ticket sales) and assist the Managing Director in developing new events and service offerings to create new revenue opportunities.
As part of a small team the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of the business including content, brand positioning, marcomms and more.
1. Secure new partners for all existing and new properties across the business (BT Sport Industry Awards, Sport Industry NextGen, Sport Industry Breakfast Club and the Sport Industry Private Dining Club. More information on upcoming properties will be given to candidates at interview stage. Maintain accurate pipelines of new leads, taking a consultative approach to offering the appropriate Sport Industry Group platform to new partners.
2. Oversee management of all existing Sport Industry Group partners across all properties. You will lead the Sport Industry Group team members in their partnership management as well as have your own partners to directly manage.
3. Implement and manage sales process across all properties driving repeat and new purchase across tables, memberships and tickets to events. You will lead this process and be supported by additional team members.
4. Assist in testing and development of new industry offerings by working with the Chairman, Managing Director and the wider team.
5. Build strong working relationships with other Benchmark teams to identify opportunities for mutually beneficial initiatives and activities. Other business include Benchmark Talent, Beyond Sport, thinkBeyond, Square Mile Sport and NSE.
- A minimum of five years’ experience in sponsorship, sales or relevant commercial roles
- An in-depth understanding of the workings of the sport industry and the business-to-business sector
- Previous sales experience in the sports business-to-business sector and an existing network of sport industry contacts is preferable but not essential
- Excellent relationship management experience and interpersonal skills, able to hold conversations with c-suite executives
- Hard-working and self-starting with a strong desire to achieve success
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with strong attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Creative thinker, able to develop new sales and marketing initiatives (working with the marketing and communications team), in addition to new industry offerings
- Experience in creating bespoke proposal documents (assistance will be provided by the marketing team)
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency
- CRM software experience preferable
To apply, please email [email protected] with a CV and covering letter.