Sport Industry Group supports business across the sport sector through a series of world-class events, including the BT Sport Industry Awards and Sport Industry NextGen; leading editorial content via the Sport Industry Daily; and unparalleled networking opportunities, attended by senior, influential figures from across the British and international sporting landscape. (Sport Industry Group is part of Benchmark).
If you’d like to be kept up to date with opportunities across Benchmark, including Sport Industry Group, please email [email protected] with ‘Job List’ as the subject header.
Job title: Senior Reporter / Reporter
Location: Central London
Closing date for applications: Friday 26th April 2019
Start date: May 2019 (flexible for the right candidate)
Reports to: Head of Content and Communications
Salary: Competitive salary + discretionary bonus, based on experience
The Senior Reporter / Reporter will manage the day-to-day delivery of Sport Industry Group’s editorial output via the Sport Industry Daily and Sport Industry Informer newsletters and www.sportindustry.biz
The Senior Reporter / Reporter will be a key contact with the sport industry covering news and features relating to sponsorship deals, technology developments, business wins, expert insight and interviews, agency activations, people moves and much more.
The role will place the successful candidate at the heart of the industry, giving them incredible access to all the key figures and organisations as well as working closely with the Head of Content and Communications and the rest of the Sport Industry Group team.
The successful candidate will be capable of working quickly under pressure to produce a daily newsletter by deadline. Very strong attention to detail and an eye for a real sport industry news story with the ability to provide contextual analysis will be key elements for this role. Some work outside normal office hours will be required to successfully fulfil this role.
As part of a small team, the successful candidate will also have the opportunity to get involved with all aspects of the business including event delivery, business development and more. In addition, the Reporter will gain experience through relationships with other businesses in Benchmark (Beyond Sport, thinkBeyond, Square Mile Sport and NSE).
- Source and write daily news and features for the Sport Industry Group newsletter and website. You will be in daily contact with PR professionals and industry contacts as well as sourcing relevant news updates and features.
- Research latest industry developments and trends for both editorial opportunities and also to support business development activity for the company.
- Wider team support across marketing campaigns and event delivery across key events including the BT Sport Industry Awards, Sport Industry NextGen, Sport Industry Breakfast Club and Sport Industry Private Dining Club.
- Professional news writing qualifications, such as a journalism degree or equivalent
- (Most likely) 1-2 years’ professional experience, though we will consider outstanding self-starters
- A high-quality news and feature-writing portfolio
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills
- Knowledge of, and interest in, the commercial sport industry
- Hard-working and self-starting with a strong desire to achieve success
- Experience in CMS (Drupal is an advantage)
- Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint proficiency
- Photoshop is advantageous but not essential
- Videography and editing are also advantageous but not essential
To apply, please email [email protected] with a CV and covering letter.