Sport Industry Group supports business across the sport sector through a series of world-class events, including the BT Sport Industry Awards and Sport Industry NextGen; leading editorial content via the Sport Industry Daily; and unparalleled networking opportunities, attended by senior, influential figures from across the British and international sporting landscape. (Sport Industry Group is part of Benchmark).
If you’d like to be kept up to date with opportunities across Benchmark, including Sport Industry Group, please email [email protected] with ‘Job List’ as the subject header.
Job title: Event Executive
Location: Central London
Start date: Beginning of July 2019
Reports to: Director of Operations and Events
Salary: Dependent on experience
The Event Executive will form part of the Sport Industry Group team, working across our portfolio of UK events. The successful candidate will be responsible for key elements of the BT Sport Industry Awards – the largest commercial sports Awards in the world – and Sport Industry NextGen, and will lead event logistics for our established quarterly networking event, the Sport Industry Breakfast Club. The successful candidate will also be involved and support members of the team across various other elements.
This is an exciting opportunity to learn and flourish in events and to get to know the sport industry in a fast paced, exciting and entrepreneurial business.
- Event management of the Sport Industry Breakfast Club, including budget/venue/delegate management
- Verbal and written communication at all levels with awards entrants, tickets/tables purchasers, attendees, partners and suppliers
- Administrative management of the BT Sport Industry Awards entries, judging and tickets/tables sales processes
- Administrative management of the Sport Industry NextGen applications process and key contact for these rising stars of the industry
- Assisting with venue research to help source new venues for our Sport Industry Private Dining Club
- Administrative roles, including emails, compiling and managing attendee lists, issuing invoices and chasing payments
- Providing support to the Sport Industry Group team
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- A minimum of one years’ event experience
- Working knowledge and understanding of venues, AV and suppliers
- Working knowledge of an Awards process
- Knowledge of and/or desire to work in the sport industry
- Outgoing, confident, hard-working and self-motivated individual
- Exceptional attention to detail
- Excellent organisation and time management skills, with the ability to work to tight deadlines
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills both internally and externally
- Ability to multi-task and work efficiently on projects running concurrently
- Calm and focused under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable to different roles as required
- Team player always willing to pitch in whenever necessary
- Proficient in Outlook, Excel and Word (Mail Merge)
- Ability to work longer hours during busy event periods
- Eligible to work in the UK
HOW TO APPLY
Please send your CV and a covering letter detailing your suitability for the role and your salary expectations to [email protected].