In the final two weeks of Black History Month, the Sport Industry NextGen Diversity and Inclusion Working Group have put together some recommended reading, watching and listening from what they've spotted across the internet.
Further recommendations welcome - please email: [email protected]
Power to the athletes – celebrating success
- Read (6min) Bill Richmond – the true original
- Watch (2h8min) 42 – The True Story of an American Legend
- Watch (2h14min) Race – the Jesse Owens story
- Read (3min) Marcus Rashford, Dion Dublin and Denise Lewis on their sporting heroes
- Watch (9min) Althea Gibson – She always wanted to be somebody
- Listen (1hr46min) BBC Sounds Black History Month: Heroes
Changing the mindset in sport
- Read (4min) At what point do I walk away from football?
- Read (4min) No Win Race by Derek Bardowell
- Read (4min) How the NBA has changed its focus
- Read (5min) What can companies do to celebrate meaningfully?
- Read (5 min) The SEASON guide to being anti-racist and supporting the black community in football
- Read (14min) Black history month – for your little people
- Listen (26min) ESPN's Jemele Hill On Race
- Listen (58 min) In Her Corner Podcast with Benny Bonsu
- Watch (15 min) Ebony Rainford Brent and Michael Holding speak passionately about institutionalised racism
- Watch (2 min) John Amaechi on white privilege
Black History Month Resource Pack
Black History Month have created the first national Black History Month resource pack to support organisations and help them facilitate and promote Black History Month 2020. Click here to find out more.