During a night of non-stop excitement at Battersea Evolution in London on 11th May, the winners of the Sport Industry Awards 2011 were unveiled in front of 1,700 high-profile industry figures and sporting celebrities, the 10th anniversary celebration of the prestigious event.
All the winners were in attendance to pick up their awards including England Cricket Team management trio Andrew Strauss, Andy Flower, and Hugh Morris who were honoured with the Leadership in Sport Award, receiving their trophy from Rugby World Cup-winning coach Sir Clive Woodward and former Ashes-winning captain Michael Vaughan.
Edward Gillespie, managing director of Cheltenham Racecourse, was also in attendance to receive the Jaguar Lifetime Achievement Award from iconic jockey AP McCoy and racing TV presenter Mick Fitzgerald.
Also a winner on the night was sport and entertainment firm IMG who were rewarded for their substantial impact on the UK industry in their 50th year with the Outstanding Contribution to British Sport Award, presented by racing driver Sir Jackie Stewart.
The full list of award winners is detailed below:
SPORT INDUSTRY AWARDS 2011 - WINNERS LIST
- Best Sponsorship of a Sport Event or Competition sponsored by ICONWinner: Bupa – Bupa Great Run Series
- Best Use of PR in a Sport Campaignsponsored by Action Images Winner: Umbro – England Away Shirt Launch
- The Community Programme AwardWinner: Everton in the Community – Tackling Inequality, Empowering Ability
- Sport Governing Body of the Yearsponsored by Nolan Partners Winner: UKA
- Best Use of Digital Communications in SportWinner: England & Wales Cricket Board – Follow US
- Best TV Sport Commercialsponsored by Eurosport Winner: Nike – Write the Future
- Best Sponsorship of a Sport Team or IndividualWinner: BSkyB – Team Sky
- Sport Website of the Year Winner: The Guardian
- Sport Venue of the Yearsponsored by Battersea EvolutionWinner: Celtic Manor Resort
- Sport Participation Event of the YearWinner: The Sainsbury’s Sport Relief Mile
- Best Integrated Sport Marketing Campaign Winner: Nike – Write the Future
- Sport Brand of the Yearsponsored by Clarke WillmottWinner: adidas
- Sport Agency of the Yearsponsored by Colouration Winner: Limelight Sports Group
- The KantarMedia Sport Business Achievement of the Year AwardWinner: London 2012 Sponsorship Sales Team
- The Leadership in Sport AwardWinner: Andrew Strauss, Andy Flower and Hugh Morris – England Cricket Team Management
- Outstanding Contribution to British SportWinner: IMG
- The Jaguar Lifetime Achievement AwardWinner: Edward Gillespie, Managing Director, Cheltenham Racecourse